Thursday, October 27, 2016

Halloween playlist #35 - Nosferatu (1922)

Probably the 5th or 6th time I've watched this movie, and also the best overall experience I've had with it. I was lucky enough to be able to watch this in an old theater with live organ music accompanying it. Not that it made the movie "better" this time around, because it's already a masterpiece, but it was really awesome watching it in this setting.

I usually try to avoid writing anything about "greatest of all-time" type movies, and though this isn't in my personal top favorites, it's hard to deny this is one of the most important and influential horror movies ever made, as well as being one of the best silent movies ever as well. It's still creepy to this day, one of the best Dracula adaptations around, and an overall fantastic movie in pretty much every way. If you haven't seen it and have an appreciation for film history, particularly horror, this is not one to let slip by.

9.5/10

No comments: