Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Halloween playlist #10 - Night Of The Creeps [1986]

I'd already seen this one, but since I know I would like to watch Slither again this Halloween, I thought it might be fun to check out the movie that undoubtedly inspired James Gunn to make that. And yeah, I like Slither better.

Not that this is a bad movie, but its painful classic horror references and failed attempts at humor don't hold up as well for this one upon revisitation. Though it would make an adequate double feature with the similarly silly Night Of The Comet (or the much more ridiculous and entertaining Night Of The Demons), this movie ultimately falls in between the slots of actually clever and accidentally funny, making it just kind of forgettable for me. I enjoy it for what it is, but by the time the movie is over I forget almost everything it, and I hate that in a movie -- I want to be left with at least SOMETHING It has amassed a huge cult following, and to an extent I can see why, but I won't be coming back to this one again anytime soon. If I want to watch something truly ridiculous and bloody, there are plenty more entertaining options for me.

5.5/10

No comments: