Saturday, October 15, 2016

Halloween playlist #13 - I Drink Your Blood (1970)

Damn hippie satanists, always gettin' rabies, making sacrifices, and turning into zombie-like cannibals. What a bunch of silly little devils.

This is every bit as low budget and trashy of a film as you might suspect, and for fans of these early 1970s horror exploitation films in the vein of Herschell Gordon Lewis smut (may he rest in peace), this is a must-see. I, however, am not a huge fan of this particular subgenre, which more often than not relies on its cheapness and shock value, but I can still enjoy these films for being the half-cocked garbage that they are. And this movie is pretty much garbage in a lot of ways. But it's still fun, and never winds up wearing itself thin, taking unexpected turns that change the course of the plot and style of the film in several ways. I can't say I loved it, but it's an interesting little picture that probably has at least a small cult following. I can easily see how it could.

6/10

No comments: