Thursday, October 12, 2017

200 Items Or Less: Silver Bullet (1985)

A few thoughts: I always find myself thinking of Stephen King adaptations as more child-friendly, and with a little kid main character (Corey Haim) this movie didn't change that. But it's rated R and is very violent, so I don't know what to think. That pretty much sums up the movie, though, trapped in between childish and adult, but not in a way that ever fully works like 'The Lost Boys'. The cast is pretty solid, with Gary Busey being a particular standout, but it's always nice to see Terry O'Quinn show up, even in smallish roles. The werewolf bits are fun enough, but a tad goofy looking and not particularly amazing. I've seen worse werewolf effects, at least. While the story isn't bad, the script features all the signature King tropes, so fans of his work are likely to enjoy it. But for someone like me - who is largely indifferent towards King - I find it all very typical and generic, but entertaining in a harmless sort of way. There's nothing particularly great about this movie, but it's still worth checking out if you're a lycanthrophile.


Who would I recommend it to? Fans of Stephen King and werewolf movies.

My grade: C-

No comments: