Sunday, February 19, 2017

200 Items Or Less: RoboCop (1987)

A few thoughts: Oh yeah, it's time for RoboCop, one of the greatest action movies ever made. It's difficult for me to go from watching this to more modern action, because the amount of effort put into this movie is staggering. There's a kind of self-awareness to this movie that allows it to embrace its dark sense of humor, while it also stands as an incredible showcase for some of the most exciting and awesome shootouts in film history. I don't know about anyone else, but I miss blood in my action movies. Anymore, action movies seem to be rated R for language instead of for being filled with human bloodbags exploding when shot by gigantic guns -- and if there is blood, it's usually just CG. Lame. All practical effects in this movie are incredible, from RoboCop himself to the squibs, stop-motion robots, and special makeup thrown in that in once particular scene reminds me a lot of The Toxic Avenger. It's exciting, paced well, and never feels redundant. There's nothing here that could be improved upon. This is a perfect action movie.


Who would I recommend it to? People who enjoy great movies...? Action lovers and fans of being happy, I guess. This is an incredibly satisfying action movie in every way.

My grade: A

No comments: