Wednesday, April 25, 2018

200 Items Or Less: Let Me In (2010)

A few thoughts: I first watched this movie when it came out, and now 7 years have passed and I've decided to give it another shot. And yep, it's still not very good. When an English-language remake of an already modern foreign film comes out, it's nearly impossible to separate the two. And when the original is as close to flawless as 'Let The Right One In' is, that remake has a whole lot it has to accomplish in order to justify even existing in the first place. This movie doesn't justify its existence, and merely comes across as a dumbed down version of the 2008 original in every way. All subtlety is thrown out the window, the acting isn't nuanced (just boring), and the music feels like if Danny Elfman suddenly lost all sense of excitement. I can see people enjoying this movie alright if they'd never watched the original, but seriously do yourself a huge favor and watch that version instead. Reading movies isn't so bad, stop being lazy. I don't have much else to say other than that this movie is totally unnecessary and dull.


Who would I recommend it to? I would recommend Let The Right One In instead. Again, don't be lazy. Reading isn't hard to do.

My grade: D

No comments: