Tuesday, January 16, 2018

200 Items Or Less - A Nightmare On Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors (1987)

A few thoughts: This movie is a strange one for me, since it's generally considered the best sequel in the franchise and apart from the 6th, it's probably my least favorite of the original series. But does that mean I dislike it? Hell-to-the-no. This is the first movie that fully embraced the comedic aspects, giving Freddy a lot more funny material and creative kills, but also has plenty of creepy moments, particularly featuring that scary nun. Where the movie starts to lose me is during the dream sequences where the kids start to turn into the dream versions of themselves. One turns into a damn wizard, another into some mohawked punk rock chick, etc. It's pretty dumb in a funny sort of way, but ultimately the movie's biggest drawback comes in the form of Patricia Arquette, whose performance is so obnoxious and unconvincing it actually makes me mad seeing her on-screen. She is SO BAD in this movie, I can't stress that enough. Regardless, the return of Heather Langenkamp, the humor found within, and visual creativity still make this a fun sequel.


Who would I recommend it to? I dunno, I guess I'm somewhat in the minority on this one, but people interested in the franchise should enjoy it either way.

My grade: C+

No comments: