Sunday, January 15, 2017

I did it again

I overshot my target, people. I always make these glorious plans and am never able to follow through with them. In one of my previous posts, I described my next few months' plan for this blog, talking outlining my intention to write about the Universal monster movies of the '30s and '40s. It's now the midway point in January and I have done no such thing. I started to write one, but I got about this far - "Frankenstein" - before I drew a blank. Honestly, what could I possibly add to the discussion on the subject of the James Whale Frankenstein movies? What a fool I was! And still am.

But I do intend on watching and writing about blaxploitation this February, so hopefully I don't wind up being a major disappointment next month as well. I'll name a few of the movies I know I need to watch for that time, and probably write 200 words on each of them. One or two of the titles in particular is a bit...dodgy. But I'm not censoring myself, so fuck it. Here's a rough list:

ACTION
Shaft
Shaft's Big Score
Shaft In Africa
Dolemite
Coffy
Foxy Brown
The Legend Of Nigger Charley
Gayniggers From Outer Space
The Black Gestapo

HORROR
Blacula
Scream Blacula, Scream
Sugar Hill
Blackenstein
Dr. Black, Mr. Hyde
The House On Skull Mountain

I'm sure there are more, but I can only handle so much blaxploitation in one month...I doubt I'll even get through all of these, but it's a goal of mine to get at least 5 of these done. Anyway, hopefully I'll get back in the mood for watching movies soon, and then I can finish up my 2016 watchlist and everything will be hunky dory. Check back in in about...a week or two. I'll have some lovely 2016 countdowns ready for you then.

No comments: