Monday, October 23, 2017

200 Items Or Less - X-Men: The Last Stand (2006)

A few thoughts: The third X-Men is one of the worst superhero movies I've ever seen in my entire life. I didn't realize this right away, but as it wore on I found myself continuously assaulted with lousy effects, a misunderstanding of its characters, clunky dialogue, a nonsensical script, and endless mindless action. After the first two movies - which had their fair share of flaws but were still entertaining - it's almost impressive how much this movie messes everything up. With a cast of great characters with cool powers, this movie dumbs everything down and often forgets who the characters are and what they can do with them. The betrayal of characters like Magneto and Wolverine in particular stand out, and many other characters just feel plugged in without any regard for their actual nature. The action is totally brainless, with lousy special effects smashing into each other in clunky scenes that lack any depth or purpose. 90 things are happening at once in this movie and none of it matters or makes sense. This is just an unpleasant mess.


Who would I recommend it to? Anyone who watched the first two X-Men and thought "gee, I'd like these movies a lot more if they totally sucked."

My grade: F

No comments: